Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What I Have Learned - Take Thirty-Three

I have learned that you, my special someone,  know me better than anyone ever has, or likely ever will.

I hope that everyone who reads this will  find the same appreciation for that someone in their life, the someone who knows you like no one else does.  There is nothing better than someone knowing you, really, truly knowing you.  Not just your likes and dislikes, but what makes you who you are.  May our lives all be blessed with that special someone.

For my someone,
I have only known you for three years, but it feels like my entire life.  You know so many things about me.  You know my favorite color, favorite flower, favorite bubble bath scent.   You know my favorite food, my favorite dessert, my favorite soft drink, my favorite alcoholic beverage.  But you also know what to have the bartender make me if they don't serve my favorite, because you know I have no idea what to order.  You knew for my first shot it would have to be girlie, and thought nothing of me 'tasting' my two choices to decide which I wanted.  Because, as you know, that is a perfectly normal 'Jenny' thing to do.  You know what restaurant I will always pick, especially for lunch on a Friday.  You know at any given time what I will order, no matter where we go.

You know where I was raised, and how much I miss it.  You went there with me and listened to my stories, let me drag you around all the places.  You know I miss palm trees and rainbows.  You know I adore Mickey Mouse and would go back to Disney at any given moment.  You know all the places I have traveled, and all the places I still want to go.  You know I will always pick warm over cold, unless it meant I would have the opportunity to see snow. 

You know my family and children.  You know I will never be offended when you call #4 crazy, or tell me you will be giving up your drivers license once she gets hers.  You know my kid's strengths, you know their weaknesses.  You know that the 'countdown thingy' is just a given when you are here.  You know the stories of my sister, you let me vent, you sympathize with me.  But you also go with me to visit her, and always hold your tongue. You know that playing cards with my parents makes them happy, and have always obliged.

You know that I hate surprises.  You know that if you buy me a gift while you are away, showing it to me on a webcam, or telling me about it, is what I WANT you to do.  You know I will read the end of a book first and look up the ending of a movie, while we are watching it.  You know I take great issue with messed up time lines and story lines in a movie, so much that they keep me up at night.  You know I never remember an actor's name, but always know what movie they were in.

You know I hate the water.  You know I will forever lecture on the importance of sunscreen.  You know I love the irony of the basketball in the closet.  You know that buying me a Spurs bear was funny.  You know  what all the stickers in your office represent.  You know all the pictures and movies we have shared.  You know all the places, all the moments.

You know my shoulders have no muscles, just collections of rock.  You know my body is covered in scars, and you can name where they all came from.  You know the parts of  me I am self conscious of, the parts of me I would love to change.  You know what I like to sleep in, what on any given evening I will be wearing.

You know I see the world in black and white.  You know I have a hard time trusting, and an even more difficult time forgiving.  You know I keep a mean grudge.  You know I have both amazing patience at times, and other times a short fuse.  You know I have zero tolerance for stupidity.  You know I believe in God, but question the Bible.  You know I know nothing about Geography, and you know why I am really not to blame.  You know my faults, you know my weaknesses, you know my strengths too.

You know I don't sleep, and you know I forget to eat.  You know I can tolerate clutter, unless it is in a work space.  You know pots and pans DO go in the dishwasher.  You know I don't go on roller coasters, don't like seafood, and don't wash my truck very often.  You know which shows I watch on television, and what movies and books I love most.  You know that taking me to see Harry Potter reaches the top of the list for sweet things.  You know that I am Team Edward, and who falls on my top three list.  You know I am a sucker for Pretty Woman and Oceans, and will always choose them on tv, no matter how many times I have seen them.


You know that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are not just a given in my house, but of utmost importance.  You know my Christmas tree will be topped with Mickey, and decorated by lots of little hands.  You know that I will never give up until we win that First Place sign.  You know that when it comes to gifts, cost isn't what matters most to me.  You know that if someone has a Birthday in the house, they wake up to balloons and streamers, and get to choose their special dinner menu.  

You know that I will never value your wallet, and will always value your heart.  You know I am sappy and sentimental.  You know what S.P stands for, and how very special the meaning behind it is.  You know the truth of  who is a better go-kart driver (that would be me), you know the three places our initials are carved, and you know that no matter what, the term 'bicycle police' will send me into an unstoppable giggle fit.

You know why my toe nails are always purple.  You know I pick cats over dogs.  You know I love Phantom, and will forever cherish that evening.  You know if I had to pick between a purse, shoes, or a dress - which one I would choose. You know that a cocoa machine is simply the best gift. 

You know I love teddy bears.  You know I have a collection of odd items, and, well, let's face it, stolen items too.  You know that little, green, wire hearts will melt my heart.  You know my most cherished possession, written on yellow paper.  You know I have a one of a kind ringtone, a skillfully drawn Mickey Mouse, and a ring that is simply priceless.  You know that without question, it is the little things.

You know that of all the conversations we ever had, my favorite is still the four letter word one.  You know our story.  You know my dreams, you know my fears.  You know how to make me laugh, how to comfort my tears.  You know what to say, you know what to not say.  You know how much I adore you, how much I cherish you, how much I love you.  But I hope you also know how much I appreciate that you simply just 'know' all that you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment