Thursday, February 11, 2010

What I Have Learned - Take Twenty

I have learned that you should take the time to tell that special someone what they mean to you.

When you first fall in love, the words come easily, the actions happen daily, and your feet seldom fall from the clouds they are walking on. But as the weeks, months, and years pass, sometimes the things you feel aren't necessarily spoken or shown the way they were in the beginning. You tend to stop the 'dating' part of your relationship. You quit the little things. You let the daily rut take over. Pretty soon the sentimental yesterdays feel like very distant memories.

Like most of us, I made that very mistake. I stopped saying 'I love you' as often as I once did. I stopped the cute notes, the sweet gestures, the out of the blue actions. I stopped all the little things that made us fall so deeply in love, the things that defined who we were and what we felt for each other. I let life replace love, instead of letting my love define my life.

I will NEVER make that mistake again. I will make sure the man I love never has to doubt again. There will never be a moment where he questions how I feel about him, or what he means to me. I will take every opportunity to tell and show him how much I love and care for him. He deserves that, our relationship deserves that.

We shouldn't get so caught up in the hectic daily grind that we lose sight of the things that matter most. If we let the little things slide, what starts as a few little rocks tumbling down, can turn into a landscape changing mudslide. One that we may never recover from.

Take that special someone, wrap your arms around them, look into their eyes, and tell them exactly what they mean to you. Not just today, not just tomorrow, but every day for the rest of your days.



And to my S.P - Three years ago fate brought us together. You and I both know it was nothing short of a miracle the way we were brought into each others lives. What started as an amazing friendship blossomed into the purest love I have ever felt. You became the reflection of my own soul, the man of my dreams, and the person I want to grow old with. We had found our Happily Ever After in each others arms. I am more than lucky, and truly blessed, for what I have found in you. I have never loved anyone the way I love you. I have never cared for anyone as deeply. And I have never felt so complete in my entire life. For all you are to me, and for me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you, baby. XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment