Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What I Have Learned - Take Thirty-Seven

I have learned that sometimes it just takes one person to make things better.

There are times when I get my feelings hurt.  It can be from a passing comment, a canceled date, an exclusion from an invitation, a name I was called, or any of varied situations or reasons.  Sometimes my armor isn't as strong as it should be, sometimes I may over-react, sometimes I may just be feeling extra emotional, sometimes what happened may really be hurtful.  But regardless of the merit, there are times when things just get to me.

It is those times when I know I can pick up the phone, send a message, write a note - and the person who responds can make things a whole lot better with just a few words.  Sometimes that person helps me see the situation in a different light, sometimes they tell me I shouldn't feel the way I do, and sometimes they just sympathize and tell me they understand.  But the biggest thing they do, is show me they are there for me.

So, to the person on the other end - thank you.  Thank you for making things better.  Thank you for understanding.  Thank you for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment