Friday, June 18, 2010

What I Have Learned - Take Forty

I have learned that I can finally breathe. 
 
Let me first warn you, I am a bit emotional today.  I don't know why, I just woke up that way.  Maybe it is the book I am reading, maybe it is being alone in the house, maybe it's just a Friday thing.

I feel as if there has just been this huge weight lifted off of my chest.  For the longest time, mainly the past year, I have felt as if i just couldn't catch my breath.  This past year has been agonizing for me.  I have visited the lowest of the lows, the darkest depths of my soul, the bottomless misery of my heart.  It has been a treacherous journey, through which most of it I have felt buried in a deep hole unable to see the light.  I've cried, I have ached, I have bellowed in my sorrows.  I've been reaching for the shore, desperate to find my way, all the while my head barely above water.

Then suddenly, I wake up today and I can breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment